Trafford Music Service delivers instrumental music lessons on weeknights and Saturday mornings at our home, The Claremont Centre, in Sale.
Lessons are available for children (up to 18 years old) during term time – Monday to Friday – 4pm to 8:30pm, and on a Saturday morning between 9:15am and 12:15pm. Lessons are taught by Trafford Music Service tutors. Lesson availability is dependent on tutors timetables and the demand for lessons.
Current lessons running at our Music Centres include (but are not limited to)
- Brass (trumpet, french horn, cornet, trombone, tuba)
- Woodwind (oboe, clarinet, bassoon, flute)
- Upper Strings (violin/viola) and Lower Strings (cello/double bass)
- Percussion including Drum Kit
- Guitar (including electric, acoustic and bass guitar)
- Piano/Keyboard (unfortunately piano and keyboard lessons are NOT available as a group or paired lesson)
Need an instrument?
If you’re a beginner, it’s a good idea to hire an instrument. Trafford Music Service also offers an Instrument Hire Scheme so that you are able to learn and take home an instrument at a reasonable cost.
It is our aim to get lessons started for your child as soon as possible. However, there may be a delay to lessons being set up as our ability to set up lessons is dependent on a number of factors such as: tutor availability, school space / time (that then needs to match with tutor availability), group lesson applicants all still wishing to start lessons. As soon as all these match we will get your lessons up and running.
Group lessons are dependent on having five applications in of a similar type – we may get in touch if you have a second choice that forms a group or if we think we may be able to offer you a group lesson sooner at our Music Centre in Sale.
- We will contact you by email with a start date for the lessons and shortly after you will be invoiced by e-mail for your first term of lessons.
- Payment must be made in advance of the lessons starting. We do not give our tutors complete information and confirmation that lessons can go ahead until payment has been made.
- Collect your instrument (where applicable) your child can then attend their first lesson.